Sunday, December 29, 2013

I'm back! (again) with Smitten Polish and Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer!



Hello, my lovelies!

I’m going to try this blogging thing again. Work has been so crazy this year that I had to let a couple things slide away, and the blog was one. But, I’m determined in 2014 to make more time for it, so I am really hoping to stick to one post a week, maybe more if I have time.

Today I have two beautiful indies to show you, Smitten Polish and Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer.
Smitten Polish has been a favorite of mine for a while, and I have probably about 9 polishes by her. She does especially beautiful holos, and has amazing customer service. 


The pinky and index fingers have her recent fall beauty Cocoa and Cardis on them. There were actually two shades of this made, one by accident, a deeper, more plum color, and the intended version, a rich, dark chocolatey brown. I accidently ended up with the more plum version, but when she realized that batch had been mailed out, she made a post on FB and asked for people to contact her if they didn’t like it. She sent out the intended version with no hesitation - excellent customer service! I’ve heard of some crazy lengths a couple of indie makers demand when something like the polish changes color and they get a complaint, but Smitten takes care of her customers. (It wasn’t until I wore it that I realized just how dark it was when I expected the more chocolate version). It is still a really pretty color (though darker than I usually wear and not what I had expected), with a good holo finish. It applies beautifully too, and is opaque in two layers, and topped with Seche Vite here.

The middle and index fingers are He Respects Sincerity by Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer. BEG is a relatively new indie on the scene, run by my friend Julie. She makes gorgeous polishes and set up shop earlier this year. Julie puts an immense amount of time into mixing and testing her polishes, so be sure to go check out her store! 

He Respects Sincerity is a super juicy, true orange with a golden shimmer. I love this polish, it’s so bright and cheery and shimmery! It is highly pigmented so be sure to use a base coat. It glided on super smoothly and dried quickly. This is three coats, topped with Seche Vite.












Smitten Polish can be found on Facebook, and in her Etsy store, where polishes range from $9-$11. Blue- Eyed Girl Lacquer can be found on FaceBook, Instagram, and in her Big Cartel store, where polishes range from $8 - $12. Be sure to check out both!




1 comment: