Thursday, June 20, 2013

Indie Review: LynBDesigns Panic Station



Hello, my lovelies!

The sun is shining, the humidity is low and it is beautiful outside today, on the eve of Summer Solstice!

Today I have for you a blindingly bright neon orange by LynBDesigns. I’m a fan of her polishes and have quite a few. They’re always worn well and she has new lines on a regular basis, which is always fun. I bought this one recently and despite good packaging, it was broken on arrival. She replaced it right away without any problems-that’s great customer service!


Now, Panic Station isn’t my usual glitter or shimmer.  It’s part of a big trend these days in the polish world, with different shaped, nonsparkly glitter in it. It’s also a jelly, so the look overall is similar to a jelly sandwich. I’m trying to branch out in my polish purchases, and this was so wonderfully bright orange with the white that I had to have it,

I haven’t decided if I actually like it or not, but I’m really leaning towards liking it, because I keep staring at it. It’s not my usual type of polish, so I think I’m just getting used to it.  I love the color. The diamonds aren’t too big, if they were any bigger I think it’d be problematic. Bar glitter doesn’t bother me and there isn’t a ton of it. Application was a little thick, but it might just be the nature of this type of jelly polish. The glitters take a little bit of placing, but nothing too major.

Because it’s a jelly, it’s pretty sheer, so there’s buildup needed, of course. This is three coats of Panic Station. I topped it with Gelous, then SV, because if I can feel the glitters, it’ll drive me nuts. This happy orange polish has an assortment of white glitters: diamonds, small hexes, and tiny bars.









You can find LynBDesigns in her Etsy shop, and on Facebook, where she has a lot of promos and discount codes!

How are you feeling about Panic Station?


7 comments:

  1. I don't like this polish it looks odd, the color is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely out of my 'normal' realm, but it's really grown on me!

      Delete
  2. Not my style as my hands are ugly, but the color is stunning and the large flakes of nonsparkly glitter are kind of cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not my style as my hands are too ugly for such a bright attention-getting color. But the color is stunning and the large flakes of nonsparkly glitter are kind of cool! Nonsparkly glitter would take a bit of getting used to, though. It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! It's really grown on me and I just love the super bright orange!

      Delete
  4. That's sweet!! It looks really good on you...of course, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks Steph! It took a couple of days before I've finally decided I really do like it.

      Delete