Monday, December 10, 2012

Indie Review: Above The Curve!


Hello, my lovelies!

Today I have a new-to-me indie to show off, Above The Curve! I was tickled pink to be chosen as one of the bloggers to show off part of their new Narnia line! Yes, a Narnia line! 

But first,  want to tell you a little about Above The Curve, because they have an awesome cause behind their shop! 


They’re a husband and wife team who make polish and donate part of the proceeds to the Shriner’s Hospitals for Children. Their mission statement in full from their Big Cartel shop reads: 

We are a husband and wife team who love to make polish together!

When I was 12 I was diagnosed with a severe case of Scoliosis. I had a 72 degree curve and my spine was making my ribs twist into my heart and lungs. I had to have a rushed surgery to fuse my spine.

We were sent to Shriner's Hospitals for Children and they did my surgery for free!!     They saved my life!

Without them I wouldn't have met my wonderful husband and have my 3 beautiful children!

We have always wanted to repay them and help raise awareness and funds for Shriners Hospitals For Children as well as raise awareness for Scoliosis!

Hence the name Above The Curve

$1.00 of every bottle sold is donated to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.

Isn’t that amazing? Such wonderful people, to give back to the hospital that saved Angel’s life! I’ve known several recipients of the Shriner’s generosity over the years, but none that have made it a priority to give back so much. 

So  now, onto the Narnia gorgeousness that Above The Curve has produced! 



First up, we have Jadis, also known as the White Witch. 

Jadis is a shimmery base with purple, blue, and silver glitters and silvery blue crescent moon glitters! This is one coat over China Glaze Sea Scape, shown with no top coat.





Next up we have Aslan! The majestic, beautiful golden lion is represented fantastically here, in a shimmery, molten gold holo polish. Shown here in three, silky smooth coats with no top coat, my camera had trouble capturing the holo aspect (it always does) but this golden beauty has incredible luster and shine!





And then there’s Caspian – Remember hunky Prince Caspian from the movie? This forest green polish with silver micro glitter is as gorgeous as he was! Shown here in three coats with no top coat, Caspian went on very easily and dried very smooth. Not gritty at all!  





These beautiful polishes and more by Above The Curve can be purchased at both their Etsy shop and their Big Cartel shop. Be sure to like their Facebook page for updates and previews too!


*As always, when reviewing polishes, this is my honest opinion!




6 comments:

  1. Having worked with the Shriners before, I so love that they support the great acts of charity the Shriners do.

    The colors are great, Aslan is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that they give back to charity. Nice colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! It's really wonderful that they give back to such a worthy cause!

      Delete
  3. Love the color of Aslan. It looks so elegant and classy. this nail color is also perfect for this coming holiday season.

    ReplyDelete