Saturday, December 29, 2012

A celebration of red nail polish!



Hello, my lovelies!



I have something new for you today. Recently some friends of mine and I were talking about the red polish, OPI’s Smitten With Mittens (which for some reason, I always want to call it Smitten with Kittens). The conversation then evolved into one about red polish and how there are so many lovely ones. So I told them all to send me a pic or two of their favorite red and I would dedicate a post to red polish. And here it is!




First up we have the one of the Lauras (we have two lovely Lauras and I’m not using last names to protect the uh…innocent. *wink* )



Laura One is wearing one of her favorite holiday red’s here, Revlon’s Get Reddy. There’s a certain Irish Setter this group knows and loves that heartily approves of the name and color!





And Laura also sent in her Christmas mani, one coat of Sally Hansen's Gem Crush in Cha-Ching over a coat of Revlon's Fire.





Next we have our second Laura, wearing Spoiled's "I Tripped on the Red Carpet”.




Then we have Sue (of Ruby Tips & Toes) who sent in two beautiful red polish mani. Sue has an amazing collection of red polishes because it’s her favorite. Be sure to stop by her blog and take a look!



Here’s Sue wearing Julep Ellen:




And here she is wearing Julep Catherine and KBShimmer Candy Cane Crush.  The KBShimmer smells like peppermint!



Now over here, Ryl is sporting Finger Paints Romanticism Ruby. I see sparkle in there!

 
And April is wearing Sinful Colors GoGoGirl with some cute white flowers stamped on it.

 
And here’s Mary, (remember Mary, who guest blogged for me?), who loves red polish so much she couldn’t make up her mind which one to wear, so she did skittles! Thumb – OPI A ruby for Rudolph, Index Finger – Zoya Diana, Middle Finger – Essie Limited Addiction, Ring Finger – Zoya Sooki, Little Finger – OPI Smitten with Mittens. Mary especially recommends Zoya polishes and I must agree.  

 

Ruth is showing off Zoya Blaze here, with a quick dry top coat.  One shot shows the glitter sparkle a little more clearly and the other shows off the holo effect better.




And here is Lindsay showing off her favorite red, Sally Hansen’s Unbreakable Heart.



And to wrap up our ode to red polish, here I am wearing the aforementioned OPI Smitten With Mittens. I have to Mary to thank for this gem (along with several others). Her bottle had run out and I found her one on Amazon not long ago for a decent price (being that it’s discontinued and Hard To Find without costing a limb). Then I saw it on her and thought it was just beautiful! Well, it can be quite expensive, but when it surfaced in one my swap/sale groups for a very reasonable price (used once), I snapped it up and boy am I glad! It really is a beautiful red polish, and I love the sparkle and shine it. Definitely a great holiday red.




I hope you’ve enjoyed our celebration of red polish! thank you so much to my lovely friends who joined me in this! I will probably get around to the other colors eventually too, because this was fun!




12 comments:

  1. All of them are gorgeous!! *happy sigh* It's hard to go wrong with red. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great red polishes! thanks for all the pics! The other day when i went to my bank, the teller was wearing a glittery red polish (almost looked like a jelly) and when I asked her the name of it, she said it was "something about a runway or a catwalk or something" ... I've been trying to find it ever since. Any suggestions? I know it's a longshot....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dearie! I have no idea, on the name though. There's SO many reds, and a lot of them have similar names.

      Delete
  3. Everyone's nails look great. I did do a red mani myself, however my camera didn't get a good picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Jen! Sorry your pic didn't work out, but I plan to do other colors so maybe next time it will come out better. I'd love to have you in here!

      Delete
  4. Hooray for red! I'm still sporting my EN&FDT manicure (filed & re-shaped but still going strong on day 7). If this post is popular, maybe you should pick a "color of the month" to post every other month or so...I like seeing all the different shades. ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for red, indeed! I don't know about every month, but I definitely plan to do the other colors.

      Delete
  5. Woot, reds!

    CrimsonSoulFire, Sally Hanson has a color called "Runway Red-Y": http://www.cosmeticsaficionado.com/sally-hansen-runway-red-y-nail-polish-review-photos-swatches/ Is this it?

    OR Essie has one called "Catwalk red": http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qHiSOR3CnbY/SxySkKViPQI/AAAAAAAABD4/R8mRRr_zxWw/s400/EssieQueenofHearts.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, neither of those, but thanks for posting the links to them! The one the bank teller was wearing had fine glitter in it, I'm thinking it was red glitter in the red polish, because it was sparkly, but not in your face sparkly, like it would have been if it was silver or gold glitter - does that make sense? :) anyway, i'll just have to keep looking!

      Delete
    2. thanks, Mary! And nice detective work!

      Delete
  6. I love reds! And I keep wavering on whether I need Smitten with Mittens or not...

    ReplyDelete