Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Time To Go Pink

Welcome to Go Pink Wednesday! Notice something different? Like, say, all the gorgeous pink? That's because it's time to Go Pink! 

During October I'm joining a slew of other bloggers for Go Pink Wednesday, where we sport pink manis in honor Breast Cancer Awareness, as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Finger Painting Fingers is coordinating this awesome event, and you can find out more about it on her page, as well as see the amazing list of the bloggers participating!

Many, if not all of us have been touched by breast cancer in some manner during our lives. 

For me, it's been through several people. My godmother lost her battle with it when I was 15. My friend's sister lost her battle a few years ago. My mother-in-law won. Another friend won her battle this year. A friend's mother won a few years ago. Several friends walk in the various 3-Days throughout the year to raise money. We really can't do enough to to stress the importance of early detection and treatment. 

So examine your breasts! Regularly! Get the mammograms! 



Next week's mani will be fancier, but to start us off this week, I'm wearing Spoiled's Shrimp On The Barbie. It's a gorgeous, sheer, shimmery pinky coral jelly with a gold glass flecks. Spoiled has extra-wide brushes that take some getting used to, but I love them. I also love their formulas and find them to be very easy to apply. This is 3 coats.

 
















15 comments:

  1. Wow the blog looks great in Pink, and so do your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous pink on you! I hope to funky French my current mani w/ pink tips sometime today but we'll see how it goes...soccer, scouts, and parent/teacher conferences may eat my plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Ruth! I hope you were able to Frenchie your mani! (Boy does that sound dirty! ;) )

      Delete
  3. Love the mani honey <3 is one of my very favorite pinks <3
    HUGE ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I added your link at the Links... Sorry for being initiative but just wanted everyone to see your page too... lots of love xoxoxo

      Delete
    2. thank you, sweets!! (((hugs)))

      Delete
  4. Looks great, Mal! Shrimp on the Barbie is on of my favorite nail polish colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great shade, I love it next to your skin tone. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete