Friday, October 5, 2012

Indie Review: Tipsy Turvy Nails!



Hello, my lovelies!

It’s another beautiful fall day in DC! Today I have for you a review of Tipsy Turvy Nail polish.
 
Tipsy Turvy Nails just opened in September of this year, and I happened to wander across them. They had some lovely colors up so I thought I’d give them a try. I love finding new indie polish makers and trying them out!

I ordered two polishes, Aurora Borealis and Coppernicus. As of this review, Tipsy Turvy has a notice in their store of a special for bloggers wishing to review their products. Visit their Etsy store for more details. Both polishes arrived within a week, no super long turnaround. Now, let’s get to these lovely polishes!

Warning- VERY pic heavy!

I have a dream to one day see the Northern Lights in person, and thought the silvery blue polish looked gorgeous. I don’t wear a lot of blue polishes, even though I seem to own a fair number of them (I do love the color blue), so I ordered a mini bottle. The label for this one has their adorable wine glass logo on them. Aurora Borealis is described as ‘silver, purple and blue silver mica with shifting rainbow hex, white hex, violet holo hex, and turquoise square hex mix’. It’s a mix of gorgeous, that’s for sure!

The formula was smooth too, and applied very easily, with no clumping, dragging or pulling. Even with all the glitter, it went on easy-peasy and wasn’t even gritty, as most glitter-heavy polishes tend to be. In the pics, from pinky to index, are one coat, two coats, three coats and four coats, to show level of opacity. On the thumb, I layered one coat over Milani Black Swift and WOW-look at that cosmic galaxy gorgeousness! Absolutely stunning.










Coppernicus, I had to have. You know my love of anything orange-related. This was copper yumminess I fell in love with! It’s described as ‘copper base with small orange and black hexes’. Again, very accurate description. It also has a very high sheen, and an intense orange base to the copper, as you can see. I love this. It’s a perfect fall color and the black hexes really make it a perfect Halloween polish.  The formula here was also great, very smooth and applied beautifully. This is four coats. Three was sufficient for opacity, but I went for a little extra depth and I just love copper! 










Tipsy Turvy is definitely a brand to watch and purchase. I’ll certainly be buying more. If you’re in the market for a good indie polish, give them a try! Tipsy Turvy Nails can be found on Etsy, where polishes are $8 for full size, $4 for minis, and Facebook for updates and sales.



These polishes were purchased by me and my opinions are my own!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, minis are awesome. I may have to get the Aurora Borealis in full size when I use this up, it's so pretty! And these really are great formulas!

      Delete
  2. Both look great, the first is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Jen! This is really a great indie. I'm loving them!

      Delete