Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rawr! Dragon Scales!


Hello, my lovelies! It’s Try It On Tuesday again, where we all try a polish we’ve had sitting around, but haven’t used. Thank you to Jilltastic Nail Design for the concept! 



Today, I have Maisie Shine Dragon Scales. I was lucky enough to grab this on her recent restock and I have to say, I’m lovin’ it. I've loved dragons since I was a wee little girl, and my favorite Disney character is Maleficient (where my nickname Mal comes from), who turns into a giant dragon. I have dragons all over my house too! So anytime there's a polish with a name relating to dragons, I have to check it out.


Maise Shine is one of the “indie” polish sellers and she is totally worth checking out. Forget the common clear bases crammed with just glitter; these are what a good indie polish should be. Smooth, colored bases, fun glitters and of course, adorable names. 

With a shimmery, sea-foam green base, Dragon Scales also boasts gold and silver glitters in various sizes, and just a hint of a blue flash here and there.   The formula was smooth and flowed right along without any dragging or bald patches. Two coats and voila! Perfection! I also have several of her other Fairy Tale line, which I’ll be showcasing in the coming weeks. 

Shade:   




Sunlight:



Don't you just love it? If you get the chance, check out the Maisie Shine store on etsy! 


5 comments:

  1. I think the color is great. And it looks just like what I imagine a green dragon scales would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! I really like this indie seller. ANd this polish catches the light so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! You make me wish my nails were prettier so I could paint them, too! :) I really do enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mal -- Very nice! I like that you like the names of the colors -- not just the colors themselves. Yesterday I got a mani/pedi -- Opi's Orange You Glad its Summer are on my toes and Dancing in the Isles, a pale yet complimentary shade of pink for my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Steph, I'm so glad! Thank you, Jan- your nails sound lovely!

    ReplyDelete